Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Front-End Loves... Long-End Hates... QEII

Quantitative Easing II that is. The WSJ details:

The Treasury market delivered a vote of confidence to the Federal Reserve Wednesday as the price of the 30-year bond plummeted, a signal the market believes the Fed's big bond buying will eventually spur inflation.

"The market appears to be pricing in the likelihood that [quantitative easing] will eventually succeed, and is positioning itself ahead of the inflation that may materialize in years ahead as a result of a successful reflation program," said Kevin Giddis, president of fixed income capital markets at Morgan Keegan + Co. in Memphis.



Source: WSJ

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that all of this is a "black swan" event for me. I never thought I would see the day where the Federal Reserve would be begging for inflation. I tended to pooh-pooh those who railed against a fiat money system. No longer.

    ReplyDelete